Sound Access is proud to be an authorized dealer of Westone Audio in-ear monitors.
Contact us to schedule an appointment.
- Cold Pour Acrylic
- As an alternative to most curing techniques, earpiece housing are cold-poured in acrylic which results in a thicker, more resilient and solid acoustic enclosure. Expect increased durability, a more controlled response, and a lustrous appearance.
- Acoustic Symmetry
- Left and right earpiece responses are matched to an extraordinarily tight +/- 2 dB tolerance, delivering unparalleled balance and accuracy of sound-stage reproduction.
- Dual Bore
- Typically, multi-driver in-ear monitors have a single-bored sound port, meaning the output from each driver will acoustically sum inside the earpiece housing. With Dual Bore technology, the high and low frequency sound components are individually channeled through two passages in the sound port. This allows high and low frequency inputs to sum within the ear canal, emulating the more natural phenomenon of live acoustic summation. The result is a more convincing transition between frequency ranges and is audibly more natural.
- Flex Canal®
- A body temperature-reactive, semisoft earpiece canal additive, Flex Canal’s unique properties allow the canal portion of the earpiece to remain firm at room temperature for ease of insertion and then soften at body temperature, allowing for increased comfort and acoustic seal for incredible noise isolation.
- EPIC® Removal Cable
- The Earphone Precision Interface Cable (EPIC) is constructed of bifurcated, high-flexibility, ultra-low resistance tinsel wire and reinforced with a special aramid fiber usually reserved for ballistic-rated body armor. The robust, braided design resists tangles, while an integrated slider keeps your earphones in place during activity. EPIC’s over-the-ear cable design also offers superior in-ear comfort and isolation from mechanical cable noise. Available MMCX Audio™, CX-Audio, and legacy 2-pin connectors.
- Replaceable Filter Technology
- Westone® puts you in control of your ambient experience with the Elite Ambient Series. Using in-ear monitors with replaceable filters allows you to pick your level of attenuation with 10dB, 16dB, or 24dB filters as well as the included 27dB solid plug.
- SLED™ Technology
- Westone®’s exclusive SLED™ technology combines passive ambient sound with the monitor mix and gives you control of your musical environment. Enjoy full-range frequency response from your in-ear monitor signal, hear and feel your surroundings, and engage with fellow performers and your audience like never before.
Reference: Westone® https://www.westoneaudio.com
Did you know you can demo
Westone Audio in-ear monitors?
We have universal-fit demos of Westone Audio IEMs so you can try before you buy to make sure you get the perfect in-ear to meet your listening needs.
Westone Audio History
- 1959 Starts manufacturing custom-fit earpieces
- 1985 Introduces the first custom-fit earpiece for “Walkman” style earbuds
- 1990 First to use balanced armature drivers in custom-fit earpieces for musician in-ear monitors
- 1991 Starts working with Rush and Def Leppard to provide custom-fit musician in-ear monitors
- 1995 Collaborates with Jerry Harvey to design and produce Ultimate Ears by Westone
- 1996 Ultimate Ears by Westone introduces the first custom dual driver in-ear monitor
- 1997 Designs first balanced armature universal-fit in-ear monitor for Shure®
- 1999 Creates the first universal-fit dual driver in-ear monitor for Shure®
- 2002-2004 Westone introduces its own in-ear monitor product line
- 2008 Introduces the first three way earphones designed for personal listening
- 2016 Introduces the first universal-fit passive ambient in-ear monitors
- 2017 Introduces ambient technology with interchangeable filters in custom-fit in-ear monitors.
- 2018 Launches first ever High-Resolution Bluetooth Cable
- 2020 Westone Audio is acquired by Lucid Audio.
Reference: Westone Audio® https://westoneaudio.com/about-us/
WESTONE AUDIO TECHNOLOGIES
DO IN-EAR MONITORS PROTECT YOUR HEARING?
WESTONE AUDIO In-ear monitors
Phone: 314-313-2289 (call or text)
Did you know you know you need an ear mold impression to order custom-fit in-ear monitors?